Samson is focused on US Resource Plays and Deepwater Gulf of Mexico
Samson Exploration, LLC
Samson Exploration, LLC operates in Wyoming, Texas, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.
- Late 2013, Samson acquired 50% of Endeavour Operating Corporation's interest in its Marcellus Shale Play in Pennsylvania. This includes approximately 13,000 net acres across several counties with the focus in Cameron County. Samson assumed operatorship in July 2014 and currently holds 100%.
- Samson completed the acquisition of producing properties in the Delaware Basin of West Texas from a private seller and assumed operatorship in June 2014. This asset is comprised of approximately 20,000 net acres in Pecos and Reeves Counties. Samson continued to further delineate and develop the field until it sold this asset in February 2017
- Samson acquired properties in the DJ Basin in 1Qtr 2015 which marks its entry into the Rockies. The producing properties and acreage of over 57,000 net acres is located in the Northern DJ Basin located in Laramie County, Wyoming. The acreage is prospective for horizontal development.
Samson Offshore, LLC
Samson Offshore, LLC owns non-operated interests in the Deepwater GOM. Samson has been highly successful in making multiple significant discoveries in the Miocene and Wilcox subsalt trends since 2006.
- Has owned non-operated working interests in over 70 federal leases covering ~ 400,000 gross acres.
- Has extensive seismic coverage, including licenses to over 2,500 blocks of 3D prestack migrated depth data.
- Employs exceptional personnel with proven track records of Deepwater exploration success.
- Samson's analysis and leasing/acquisition strategy yielded a high-quality portfolio with a large resource base.
- Current assets include:
- Gunflint (Noble Energy operated) -- 19.13% Working Interest ("WI") -- currently producing ~ 22,000 BOEPD.
- Anchor (Chevron operated) -- 12.5% WI -- Appraised discovery scheduled to move into FEED phase of development in mid-2018.
- Samurai (Murphy operated) -- 33.3% WI -- Discovery to be appraised Q1 2018